Building a better community by supporting independence and quality of life through the promotion of health and well being.
Meals on Wheels is proud of its Community Service and its success since its inception in 1969.
Our goals have been threefold.
To provide affordable, nutritious, well balanced and flavorful meals to Seniors and homebound individuals.
To reduce individual isolation and enhance their quality of life through positive social interaction between volunteers and staff of Meals on Wheels and those enjoying our service.
To engage families and Community in partnerships that benefit both givers and receivers. Families enjoy peace of mind knowing their loved one is the recipient of healthy meals delivered by caring volunteers on a regular, consistent and dependable basis.
Thanks to the financial assistance of the Province of British Columbia and our many Sponsors and Donors, those vulnerable members of our Community can be confident of our continued and uninterrupted service.
- Meals on Wheels is more than food delivery.
- It is caring and dependable volunteers.
- It is grade 1 and grade 2 students at Black Mountain Elementary school lovingly preparing Valentines cards and cookies.
- It is the University Women's Club preparing crafts and treats at Christmas and Easter.
- It is the Girl Guides making special favors.
- It is Bylands Nursery of West Kelowna making its premises available as a meal transfer station.
- It is Interior Savings Credit Union Westbank providing a drop off location for the volunteer's paperwork.
- It is Enterprise Floral Studios providing a home for Meals on Wheels at an affordable rent.
- It is Santa for Seniors in partnership with Home Instead bringing a special joy at Christmas.
- It is Seniors Serving Seniors. It is young families and children delivering happiness as nutrition.
- It is conscientious staff alert to concerns & occasional loneliness providing prompt, efficient and compassionate delivery.
- It is the generosity of our Community and the gifts of time and resources that keep Meals on Wheels strong and healthy and able to continue to provide this much needed service.